In-Person volunteering is back!
Pick up an application at the children’s desk or print one out online. Once completed, applications must be turned in at the children’s desk beginning Sat, Aug 07. Online registration is not available. Applications will be first-come, first-served until positions are filled. A minimum weekly schedule of two hours, one day a week is required. Volunteers must wear facial coverings and practice social distancing.Qualifications:
- Ability to follow directions from library staff.
- Able to work independently or with others as assigned.
- A professional attitude when working in a public setting.
- Knowledge of alphabetical and numeric order.
Volunteer Services Offered Virtually
Welcome to the Palm Beach County library Volunteer program. Our volunteer opportunities for teens have changed to virtual. There are no in-person teen volunteer positions at this time. You can still earn service hours … keep reading! Choose a volunteer project, complete the volunteer registration form and preregister for the event. Start your volunteer adventure now!Explore Virtual Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Cards of Cheer
Accepted at all branch locations through Sat, Jul 31.
Cards of cheer will be discontinued as of Sat, Jul 31. Turn your cards in soon before this date to receive your service credit! We had great participation over the summer for this activity and we want to thank all are teen volunteers who participated! We will be offering other activities similar to this in the near future so check our volunteer website monthly for updates!Instructions:
- Use 8 ½ x 11 folded paper (card stock works best, but regular paper or construction paper will also work)
- Be creative (use markers, colored pencils, etc.), but do not attach items or décor; no glitter.
- Write a simple message that is encouraging and kind. Please keep messages non-religious
- If you put the card in an envelope, please do not seal it.
- Original, one-of-a-kind cards will be accepted. Please do not submit copies.
- You may include your first name, but do not include any other identifying information.
- Have a great day!
- Enjoy your book!
- Thank you for being a Library member!
- Any general cheerful message with brighten the day of a Books-By-Mail member.
Thirty (30) minutes volunteer credit will be given for each original card made. When completed, bring to your local branch’s Children’s and Teen Section staff.Cards of Cheer Application (PDF)